GTT & Chakray Joints Hands to Empower AXA Gulf
What AXA wanted?
AXA is one of the largest global insurers and a worldwide leader in Insurance and Asset Management. AXA Gulf is one of the largest international players in the GCC with a workforce of over 800 employees, 25 branches and retail shops region-wide, and over 1 million customers.
Having a large-scale business operation to manage, it was a challenge for them to bring together the resources, technology, and the whole system together. AXA gulf wanted to rapidly integrate their diverse applications and systems to speed up and streamline operations.
The solution curated by GTT and Chakray
Every industry today is looking for tools that connect their different systems to speed up operations and increase scalability. The major challenge is cost-effective and robust B2B connectivity support and application integrations.
The solution was proposed taking into consideration the expected load and other requirements of communicating with external systems and exposing APIs for external parties. In addition, connecting legacy systems and third-party authentication (and authorization) servers with the integrations and APIs, are also considered.
We, GTT, and Chakray implemented WSO2 based Integration Platform for AXA Gulf.
What is WSO2?
WSO2 is an open-source technology provider founded in 2005. It offers an enterprise platform for integrating application programming interfaces, applications, and web services locally and across the Internet.
WSO2 is the one complete platform for building, integrating, and exposing digital services as managed APIs in the cloud, on-premises, and hybrid architectures which helped to drive the digital transformation of AXA Gulf.
How WSO2 helped?
- Implemented industry-standard authorization flows — such as OAuth, OpenID Connect, and JWTs — out of the box and integrated with the existing identity access or key management tools.
- Built APIs from existing services, managed APIs from internally built applications and from third-party providers and monitored their usage and performance from inception to retirement.
- Provided real-time access to API usage and performance statistics to decision-makers to optimize the developer support, continuously improved services, and drove further adoption to reach the business goals.
- Deploy in the cloud, in the private data centers, or anywhere in between while cataloging the services in a single location to make it easy for developers to find what they need to efficiently build their applications.
- Strategically adopted modern service delivery and development paradigms without leaving behind the legacy systems that made AXA Gulf successful in the first place.
- The integration runtime supported in creating composite microservices, service, and API hosting needs, message routing, transformation, message mediation, service orchestration, as well as consuming and processing streaming data.
- Completed API development support with API publisher. Visually designed, developed, debugged, tested, and deployed integration flows with Integration Studio. Completed set of commands to manage API gateway and micro integrator runtimes with API controller (CLI) tool.
Role of AWS Cloud
The proposed integrated platform is hosted on AWS, Amazon Web Services, leveraged by its cloud computing services. AWS is a comprehensive computing platform offered by Amazon. The platform is developed with a combination of offerings such as infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and packaged software as a service (SaaS). WSO2 does all the Managed Service deployments in a Virtual Private Cloud that enables you to launch AWS into a virtual network. Thus, enabled by a flexible, easy-to-use, and cost-effective solution, AWS was implemented as cloud computing usage.
AXA Gulf Empowered by GTT and Chakray
WSO2 ensured AXA Gulf complete code transparency with community-driven features and support powered by professional support. It became a great platform for supported open API specifications and help AXA Gulf to easily implement industry-standard API management best practices, including end-to-end security, usage monitoring and analytics, and complete lifecycle management.
AXA Gulf could seamlessly integrate existing services and manage them as APIs from one location with flexible deployment options. Moreover, the WSO2 program enabled to maintain a complete history of changes to the API for audit purposes and provided a superior customer experience. They could easily roll back to stable versions as needed.
In addition to this, AXA Gulf has been enabled with streaming integration and exposed as managed API endpoints to take advantage of responsive architectures. Delivered real-time streaming data as APIs.
Ultimately, the project advanced by GTT and Chakray associated with WSO2 and AWS cloud became a success story for AXA Gulf in their digital transformation journey.